ISO 9001 Leadership
Leadership and commitment are key ingredients for all successful organisations. ISO 9001:2015 requires top management to demonstrate leadership and commitment to the quality system. Under ISO 9001:2015 leadership and commitment is not optional.
Question: How is ISO 9001:2015 leadership demonstrated?
Answer: The organisation's leadership:
- Takes genuine accountability for quality system effectiveness,
- Ensures that the quality policy and quality objectives are in line with organisational context and its strategic direction,
- Ensures that the quality system is integral to how the organisation operates,
- Actively promotes the use of risk based thinking and plan do check act approaches,
- Provides resources to ensure the quality system is effective,
- Frequently communicates the importance of the quality system and conforming to quality system requirements,
- Makes sure that the quality system acheives intended results,
- Engages, supports and directs the team in their contributions towards making the quality system effective,
- Actively promotes and encourages improvements in quality,
- Develops supports and encourages other leaders to demonstrate quality leadership in their respective roles.